There are the three different ways you can add images to your articles:
1. Add an Image using the Image Placeholder
The image placeholder allows you to add one image to the summary of the article and one image within the full story. The image you see to the top right of this article was input using the Image Placeholder.
Tthe Summary (front page) images are set to appear to the right or the left of the text and are automatically resized to between 100-120px in width. As the image size is dictated by the width of the column, and every column width is different depending on the template design, this is the reason for the variable width sizes.
The image that is added to the full story placeholder is also controlled by the column width, however in general it appears at its full size and only its alignment to the text is controlled by the layout.
How to add Images using the Placeholder
2. Add an Image to the Body of your Article using the Editor
This method of adding images is very useful when you want more control over the size, position and number of images to be added to your article.
When you add an image into the body of an article you should be aware of the following:
- The images will always appear at the size they are saved at when uploaded unless you resize them after uploading
- You can control where the images are placed in relation to the text, i.e. they can be to the left or the right of the text or in between paragraphs etc
- You can add more than one image into the editable content area of the Summary or Full Story
Don't forget, you can resize or crop images using the Image Editor function within your Newsweaver account.
How to use the Image Editor to Resize Images
The size of the image is determined by the number of columns and how these are distributed across the width of the newsletter. The optimum width of any Newsweaver newsletter is 647 pixels - this matches width of an A4 sheet of paper. But remember, not all of this space may be available to you - space is split between two or possibly three columns.
The following sizing guidelines should be followed when adding images using the editor:
- Images for the Summary – 100–150 pixels wide
- Images for the Main Article – 200-250 pixels wide
How to Insert an Image using the Image Editor
3. Add a Range of Images using the Image Gallery
If you have a collection of images or photographs you want to feature as part of an event you’ve held, a product range you wish to promote, or a range of new starters in your company, then the Newsweaver Image Gallery is the perfect tool to display this content.
The Image Gallery at the end of this article page clearly demonstrates how it will look in the full story of your article.
How to Use the Image Gallery to Add a Range of Images
Written by Patricia O'Leary